Posted on 10/19/2016
Business Development Manager
The primary responsibility of the Business Development Manager is to acquire and develop new business and customers to grow the business. This position will be responsible for identifying new customers within target industries and regions by sourcing, managing and implementing new business opportunities.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drives the new business development efforts ensuring sustained profitable growth for the organization.
- Identifies key potential customers in defined target markets.
- Sources, qualifies, manages and implements new business opportunities.
- Develops short and long range market strategies, sales plans and forecasts to achieve company objectives.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating customer requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Provides on-going account support and management insuring clear and concise communication between customers and WSI.
- Leads the launch of new products and services within the organization.
- Performs all necessary communication, negotiations, and follow-up related to requests for quotation.
- Maintains working knowledge of key competitors, obtaining competitive information.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Minimum of seven years business/sales experience with a focus on developing new business in manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience working in a contract manufacturing environment preferred.
- Previous experience working in a customer/client focus role required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, engineering or equivalent experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.