Posted on 3/11/2018
general labor - deburring
This position is responsible deburring, assembling and leak testing various parts in an assigned cell/production area while maintaining quality and safety standards. At times this position will perform inspection tasks in the PDI area using various measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers and inspection gauges. Duties are performed under minimal supervision.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deburrs, inspects, assembles and leak tests various parts while maintaining quality and safety standards.
- Maintains production rate in terms of quantity and quality assigned to the job.
- Understands the production processes and makes suggestions in how to improve these processes.
- Uses various measuring tools and inspection gauges.
- Inspects parts to specifications and identifies any non-conformances.
- Understands and follows work orders and documents. Ensures all production process documentation is completed and accurate.
- Is responsible for the proper use of deburring, measuring tools and testing equipment.
- Documents and communicates among shifts any actions taken (e.g., changes, concerns) on parts and/or production operations.
- Is able to maintain a balanced workload by prioritizing and maintaining production flow to ensure parts are ready to ship.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows specified safety procedures at all times.
- Participates in required meetings and training.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- High School education or GED completion required.
- At least one year of experience working in a manufacturing environment working with various materials and parts (preferably deburring and inspecting metal parts).
- Experience using hand tools and measuring equipment.
- Able to perform basic level math skills (including addition, subtraction, multiplications, and division using whole number, fraction and decimals).
- Has a strong mechanical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving skills and has the ability to adapt to changes in the work requests or environment.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and is a self-starter.
- Understands lean concepts and helps production move forward in achieving department goals.
- Ability to communicate information clearly and effectively to co-workers and supervisory staff.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
WSI provides excellent benefits including medical and dental coverage, ten paid holidays, profit sharing and a 401(k) with a company match.
Fax, email or mail resume to:
WSI Industries, Inc.
213 Chelsea Rd
Monticello, MN. 55362