Posted on 6/8/16
Lean & Continuous Improvement Facilitator
The primary function of this position is to work with the Director of Operations in determining and facilitating effective Lean and Continuous Improvement initiatives. This position requires a significant amount of time spent on the production floor working with employees within all areas of Operations, including Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing, developing and implementing Lean/Continuous Improvement activities to improve operations velocity and reduce waste in our value stream.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Director of Operations, Managers of Engineering, Quality, Production and their teams in determining effective Lean/Continuous Improvement strategies.
- Develops and implements Lean/Continuous Improvement activities which includes facilitating team activities across the plant.
- Plans, schedules and leads Lean activities/initiatives to accomplish strategic goals.
- Develops a training plan and conducts employee training on the fundamentals of Lean manufacturing by using appropriate process improvement tools and methodologies, including, but not limited to: OEE, TPM, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, 5S, Continuous Flow, JIT, Project Management, Cost Analysis, Process Capability Analysis, Kanban and SMED.
- Coaches and mentors Lean teams to ensure successful implementation of the team’s initiatives, and to ensure objectives are met.
- Facilitates and guides teams through Kaizen blitzes and Lean activity events.
- Tracks and ensures process and system improvements are being sustained.
- Develops and delivers presentations to all levels of employees and management.
- Understands the strategic operational direction of the organization and supports process improvements related to this direction.
- Facilitates and guides teams to develop corrective actions on problem areas related to work area layout, production processes, procedures and equipment, etc. and works closely with teams in recommending improvements to promote process improvements.
- Assists in the development of “future state” value streams and helping teams prioritize the tasks that need to be accomplished.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing operation with at least three years of experience facilitating Lean/Continuous Improvement activities.
- Familiar with quality systems, six sigma problem solving techniques.
- Strong project management skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Has a Six Sigma certification and has earned a green or black belt.
- Background in statistics.
- Background in Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
- Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft office applications, drawing software(s) (CADKey, SolidWorks, ProE, etc.).
- Is a self-starter and has the drive to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Excellent problem solving skills and has the ability to adapt to changes.
- Ability to communicate information clearly and effectively to co-workers and supervisory staff.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and motivates and develops others to succeed.
- Must be able to lead and drive change.
- Production Supervisor – Second Shift
- Lean & Continuous Improvement Facilitator
- Engineering & Technology Manager
- Program Manager
- Business Development Manager
If none of the current open positions match your skills and experience, we encourage you to submit your resume for future consideration.