Posted on 3/11/2018
MachinE OPERATORS - ALL SHIFTS
This position is responsible for the set-up and operation of CNC machines and tooling (e.g., tool changes and wear) in the assigned cell or production area. Responsible for machining parts and operating CNC machines while maintaining quality and safety standards. Machine Operator will work with various materials and parts from castings. Duties are performed under direct supervision.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates CNC equipment and is responsible for the proper use of machines, tooling and inspection equipment.
- Loads parts into machine and verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run and sample parts.
- Maintains production rate in terms of cycle time, quantity and quality assigned to the job.
- Changes cutting tools and adjusts machine feeds and speeds as needed.
- Understands the manufacturing and machining processes and makes suggestions in how to improve these processes.
- Uses various measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers and other inspection gauges.
- Verifies fixture setup using all necessary inspection equipment under supervision.
- Makes high quality parts to specifications and assists with the identification of root causes and corrective action for quality problems.
- Understands and follows work orders and documents. Ensures all production process documentation is completed and accurate.
- Performs in process inspection of machined parts and accurately completes the required paperwork such as the Inspection Process (IP) sheet.
- Documents and communicates among shifts any actions taken (e.g., changes, concerns) on machine operations.
- Is able to maintain a balanced workload by prioritizing and maintaining machine set-up, production and maintenance duties.
- Completes secondary operations such as deburring, assembling and washing parts during the machine cycle time per the print and machining process.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows specified safety procedures at all times.
- Participates in required meetings and training.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- High School education or GED completion required.
- Two-year machine technology degree or at least two years of experience machining various parts in a close tolerance environment such as milling, turning and grinding.
- Knowledge of CNC equipment capabilities and daily maintenance of machines.
- Ability read and interpret blue prints, engineering drawings and specifications.
- Experience with the use of machinist hand tools and measuring equipment.
- Able to perform basic level math skills (including addition, subtraction, multiplications, and division using whole number, fraction and decimals).
- Knowledge of set-up, machine speeds and feeds for materials and tools.
- Understands basic Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances (GD & T).
- Experience using manual and CMM inspection equipment.
- Has a strong mechanical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving skills and has the ability to adapt to changes in the work requests or environment.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and is a self-starter.
- Ability to communicate information clearly and effectively to co-workers and supervisory staff.
- Is knowledgeable of the 5s and lean concepts and helps production move forward in achieving the department goals.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
WSI provides excellent benefits including medical and dental coverage, ten paid holidays, profit sharing and a 401(k) with a company match.
Fax, email or mail resume to:
WSI Industries, Inc.
213 Chelsea Rd
Monticello, MN. 55362