Posted on 8/15/16
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR – FIRST SHIFT
Directs and manages production operations to meet customer needs. Achieves optimum productivity and efficiency by using all relative resources. Maintains safe work practices and keeps production area clean and organized. Develops a high-performing team that promotes WSI’s core values and principles as well as meeting company policies and procedures.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages and delivers daily results in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity through effective hands-on supervision and daily visual management of work environment.
- Builds high functioning teams by developing the skills, competencies and capabilities of the roles within each work center through effective performance management and on-the-job training.
- Acts as a change agent by looking for ways to improve and implement effective and efficient production processes, procedures and practices.
- Plans and determines staffing requirements based on production goals and objectives, and allocates resources effectively for optimal results.
- Takes the lead in developing well-functioning cross-departmental relationships and teams to achieve the prioritized company’s objectives.
- Works closely with the Production Scheduler to plan production schedules and review any incoming parts and/or materials shortages and make necessary schedules adjustments.
- Achieves optimum productivity by effectively using all available resources and minimizing production costs.
- Creates a team environment that allows employees to contribute to the company goals and objectives, and provides resources and training to develop their knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ensures production processes are being followed and quality parts are being produced.
- Develops, recommends, and implements departmental policies and procedures, processes, and methods.
- Ten years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- At least five years of experience in a lead or supervisory role.
- At least seven years of experience operating various CNC machines.
- Has good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to schedule multiple jobs and maintain staffing and machines to support customer requirements.
- Is knowledgeable of the 5s and lean concepts and helps production move forward in achieving the department goals.
- Is a self-starter and has the drive to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Cellular manufacturing and LEAN manufacturing experience preferred.
- Production Supervisor – First Shift
- Lean & Continuous Improvement Facilitator
- Engineering & Technology Manager
- Program Manager
- Business Development Manager
If none of the current open positions match your skills and experience, we encourage you to submit your resume for future consideration.