Posted on 10/19/2016
This position will be responsible for working closely with the Business Managers in generating customer quotes, managing the internal processes and determining the most cost effective ways to complete a customer’s quote/order to support WSI sales and growth.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports business managers in processing of quotes for new opportunities.
- Manages the customer quoting process and internal projects associated with customer quotes/orders.
- Determines project costs as well as researching and conducting customer pricing analysis.
- Schedules and leads initial project meetings, schedules prototypes and/or production runs, and follows-up with business managers, engineering and other individuals to ensure projects and deadlines are being met.
- Leads the internal implementation of customer orders/projects and is the liaison with internal functional groups (Sales, Engineering, and Production) and customers.
- Monitors customer schedules by using customer ERP or other customer tools and enters and manages customer information on WSI’s (Vantage) system.
- Builds and manages relationships with current and prospective customers by providing point of contact services.
- At times may manage repeat orders for current customer accounts.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Must have at least 5 years of project management experience that includes quoting detailed, complex customer quotes/orders, determining project cost and completing pricing analysis.
- Has a solid technical background as it relates to reading and interpreting prints and geometric dimensional tolerances (GD & T).
- Has worked in a machining or manufacturing environment, with a background in CNC machining being strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering preferred, and/or industrial or processing engineering experience.
- Has managed several projects and lead project implementation with functional groups (sales, engineering, and production).
- Has experience using (ERP) business systems such as Epicor’s Vantage.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Experience building effective customer relationships.