Posted on 2/10/17
Job Title: Quality Manager
Responsible for QMS advancement, guidance, direction and maintenance within the organization. Leads Inspection and Quality Assurance to support production requirements and to ensure all products shipped meets customer specifications. This position is the Quality Liaison for customer requirements and the internal system concerns. Leads and supports Continuous Improvement and Lean Initiatives within the organization.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports Director of Operations by leading internal and external quality functions and analyzing overall quality performance.
- ISO Quality Representative for the company.
- Quality Representative for other adopted standards as they become implemented.
- Supervises Quality Engineers and Inspectors.
- Quality training resource within the organization.
- Lead Internal Auditor for WSI.
- Initiate & facilitate analysis of internal and external quality performance.
- Instruct and guide internal personnel in quality related processes.
- Instruct and guide internal personnel in daily activities to support production requirements.
- Initiate & facilitate Continuous Improvement and Lean efforts throughout WSI.
- Facilitate WSI corrective and preventative action process.
- Provide over-site for PPAP & product qualification processes.
- Provide over-site to WSI calibration and gage management process.
- Provide statistical analysis support in the areas of process capability, gauge R&R, and design of experiments.
- Evaluate and facilitate the implementation of new inspection equipment.
- Interpretation of external standards as they relate to the contract machining industry.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- SPC (Statistical Process Control) experience required.
- PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) or ISIR (Initial Sample Inspection Report) experience required.
- ISO training and experience in an ISO company.
- At least 5 years of Quality Engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience supervising professional and/or technical staff.
- Knowledge in developing and leading Continuous Improvement/Lean Initiatives within an organization.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of blue print reading and geometric tolerance and dimensioning.
- Full understanding of all inspection and support equipment needed for entire company.
- Experience with gage calibration and maintenance systems.
- Strong PC skills including MS Word, Outlook, Excel and other Quality Analysis type software.
- Is a self-starter and has the drive to take on responsibilities and challenges.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Constant exposure to indoor manufacturing environment and moderate noise levels.
- Occasional exposure to chemicals and fumes.