Posted on 11/7/2017
Machinists – ALL shifts
Our clean, high tech facility is hiring experienced machinists for all shifts. Qualified candidates will have a machine technology degree plus at least two years of CNC machining experience in a close tolerance environment such as milling, turning and grinding, or at least (3) years of CNC machining experience. Ideal candidate will be able to setup, operate & inspect machines. Experience with overhead cranes and part rigging is preferred.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates CNC equipment and is responsible for the proper use of machines, tooling and inspection equipment.
- Loads parts into machine and verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run and sample parts.
- Maintains production rate in terms of cycle time, quantity and quality assigned to the job.
- Changes cutting tools and adjusts machine feeds and speeds as needed.
- Understands the manufacturing and machining processes and makes suggestions in how to improve these processes.
- Uses various measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers and other inspection gauges.
- Verifies fixture setup using all necessary inspection equipment under supervision.
- Makes high quality parts to specifications and assists with the identification of root causes and corrective action for quality problems.
- Understands and follows work orders and documents. Ensures all production process documentation is completed and accurate.
- Performs in process inspection of machined parts and accurately completes the required paperwork such as the Inspection Process (IP) sheet.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- High School education or GED completion required.
- Two-year machine technology degree or at least two years of experience machining various parts in a close tolerance environment such as milling, turning and grinding.
- Knowledge of CNC equipment capabilities and daily maintenance of machines.
- Ability read and interpret blue prints, engineering drawings and specifications.
WSI provides excellent benefits including medical and dental coverage, ten paid holidays, profit sharing and a 401(k) with a company match.
Fax, email or mail resume to:
WSI Industries, Inc.
213 Chelsea Rd
Monticello, MN. 55362